One of the most widely used methods for manufacturing plastic products is injection moulding. It is an extremely versatile process that can produce almost any plastic product or part imaginable, offering many advantages over other methods. Whether you are looking to produce an entire product or manufacture parts and components, injection moulding is the process that you should be using.
Why choose injection moulding?
There are 5 key benefits to injection moulding over other manufacturing methods. These 5 benefits include:
Increased injection moulding capacity at Coda
- Detail and complexity: Injection moulding subjects the plastics to extremely high levels of pressure, forcing them into the shape of the mould with more intensity and strength than other forms of manufacture. The resulting product is highly detailed, capturing every element of the mould, and can take on a variety of complex and intricate shapes too.
- Efficiency: After the initial product design and the corresponding mould have been created to the client’s specification there are few remaining steps in the production process. It is a quick method of production compared to other options and allow a high production output rate.
- Durability: Injection moulding allows for fillers to be used within the moulds that reduce the density of the plastic while it is being shaped. This helps to add strength after the moulding process is complete. In situations where strength is paramount, injection moulding offers this option that no other process can offer.
- Ability to use multiple types of plastic simultaneously: Sometimes you may need to create your product using a mixture of plastic materials. Thanks to co-injection moulding this can be done with ease during the manufacturing process, removing the worries of using only one specific material.
- Automation: Most of the steps in injection moulding can be handled by robotics and machines overseen by a single operator, creating a fully automated process. This reduces manufacturing costs which can then be passed on to the client.
Recently we acquired a new selection of Krauss Maffei injection moulding machines to expand our production capacity, allowing us to take on more work and new projects. We can provide complete injection moulded solutions that allow you to create your plastic products and realise almost any design ideas that you may have.
If you would like more information on the injection moulding production that we provide then please contact us on +44(0) 1692 501020 or drop us an firstname.lastname@example.org.