The building and construction industry is the UK's second largest consumer of plastics, with only plastic packaging creating greater demand for plastic materials. Thanks to their durability, aesthetics, easy handling and high performance, plastics are now commonly used for everything from pipes and valves to fittings and decorative touches. In addition to that, there are many more reasons why it is beneficial to use plastics in the construction industry.
- Plastics are strong and lightweight, making them easy to transport and manoeuvre.
- They are durable and scratch resistant.
- They do no experience rot or corrosion.
- Thanks to snap-fit kind of joining procedures, most plastics are easy to install.
- Through extrusion, bending and moulding plastics offer limitless design possibilities.
- By adding pigments plastics can be produced in a vast range of colours.
- As low conductors of heat they are often used as insulation materials.
- Tight seals can be achieved.
- Using standard carpentry tools and skills, plastics can be easily sawn and nailed.
- They are easy to remove and recycle.
- They are poor conductors of electricity.
Over recent years Coda Plastics has worked on a number of projects to design, develop and manufacture plastic products for the construction industry; including the Hessiclip which is now in full production and available worldwide.
If you would like to arrange a meeting where we can discuss your concept, do not hesitate to contact our team. You can call us on +44(0)1692 501020 or email us at email@example.com